The department of Computer Science and Engineering of ABIT was formed in the year 1998. It offers B. Tech. and M. Tech. degrees with contemporary research, high quality teaching and project-oriented works. It has an intake of 60 students.
Vision of the Department:
The Vision of the department of Computer Science and Engineering:
- To build a strong research and innovative teaching environment and to produce competent professionals in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
Mission of the Department
The Mission of the department of Computer Science and Engineering:
- M1: To prepare the students with strong fundamental concepts, analytical capabilities, programming and problem solving skills.
- M2: Create an ambiance of education through faculty training, self-learning and academic practices.
- M3: Provide opportunities to improve the leadership quality and the potential of students through extra- curricular and co-curricular events.
- M4: To make the students industry ready and enhance their employability in industries.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals,and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analyses: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineeringproblems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineeringand management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: To enable the students for high quality engineering works with enhanced efficiency for a successful career.
PEO2: To develop the leadership quality and entrepreneurship capabilities of the students.
PEO3:To educate students with proficiency in core areas of computer science & engineering and related engineering to create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Sahoo
Dr. Chinmay Ranjan Pattnaik
Dr. Amaresh Sahu
Hemanta Kumar Sethi
Pratap Kumar Champati
Surya Naryan Mishra
Dillip Kumar Mishra
Rajib Sankar Bal
Smitta Ranjan Datta
Suman Sourav Prasad
Bikash Chandra Das
S.N Date Type of Activity Name of Speaker / Resource Person Designation Organization Topic 1 19-06-21 TECHNICAL TALK SMRUTI PATTNAIK PROJECT MANAGER TECHMAHINDRA,BBSR TECHMAHINDRA,BBSR 2 20-5-21– 22-05-21 FDP SARDAR VALABH BHAI POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE,BHOPAL ROLE OF MACHINE LEARNING AND AI IN REAL LIFE 3 16-04-2021 Alumni Talk ER.RAJESH PATRA E -COMMERECE SPECIALIST NATIONAL AVIATION SYSTEM,KUWAIT RE-ENGINEERING OUR MIND 4 27-03-2021 Alumni Talk Er. Manishankar dixit CONSULTANT DELLOITE,BENGALURU TALK ON BASICS OF APPLICATION DEVELOPEMENT 4 3-3-2021 virtual poster presentation compition Dr. Sanjay Agarwal PROFESSOR DEPT. OF CSE
IoT: APPLICATIONS & IT’S RELIABILITY 5 19-12-2020 Alumni Talk DEBAYAN CHAKRABORTY SOLUTION ARCHITECH TCS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT INDUSTRY 6 5-3-2020 Workshop ABIT GROUP ABIT INTER DEPT INTERDEPARTMETAL POSTER PRESENTATION 7 4-3-2020 Industrial Talk STPI INDUSTRIAL EXPOSURE 7 23-2-2020 Alumni Talk ALUMNAE FROM DIFFERENT BATCHES PLACED IN VARIOUS COMPANY ROUND THE GLOBE ABIT CSE DEPT(ER CHINNMAY ROUT AND ER SN MISHRA) GENERATE JOB OPPORTUNITY 8 15/02/2020-17/02/2020 FDP MR SURYA NARAYAN MISHRA ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ABIT IOT FOR EMERGING TECHNICAL APPLICATION IN SMART CITY 9 13-2-2020 Seminar TEQIP-III FOR SDP BPUT ODISSA RECENT ADVANCES ISSUES AND CHALLENGES IN IOT AND AI 10 12-2-2020 Seminar IIT BHUBHANESWAR(RESEARCHERS) IIT GRAND SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EXHIBITION 11 04/02/2020-8/2/2020 Workshop TEQIP-III FOR SDP ABIT INTER DEPT(CSE,EE& ENTC) IIoT AND INDUSTRY 4.0
Sl. No. Name of student / students Competition Organized by Date / Year Awards received 1 ISSA MISHRA
TOYCATHON-2021 MHRD 2021 TOP 50
2 RAKESH KU. LENKA
KSHITUN HARINA DEHURY
TOYCATHON-2021 MHRD 2021 TOP 50
3 BIJOY SAHOO THE HACKATHON-HACH4FOOD SRI SRI UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATES OF EXCELLENCE MODEL EXIBITION ODISHA TECHNOLOGICAL
INNOVATION CHALLENGE DESIGN CONTEXT TEXAS INSTRUMENTS HTML CSS PHP SOFTNET SECURITIES 4 DEEPSIKHA SAMAL PYTHON PROGRAMMING INTERFACE SOFTWARE CERTIFICATES OF EXCELLENCE ORACLE PROGRAMMING INTERFACE SOFTWARE MARKET BASKET ANALYSIS USING PYTHON AND ML INTERFACE SOFTWARE CORE JAVA BUZZ WORD SOFTWARE AND ENGINEERING PROJECT COMPLETION E -TECH INNOVATION 5 ARPITA MISHRA CORE JAVA CODE INFINITY ADVANCE JAVA CAC PYTHON NARESH TECHNOLOGY 6 LAXMI PRIYA MUDULI PYTHON PROGRAMMING INTERFACE SOFTWARE CERTIFICATION OF EXCELLENCE ORACLE PROGRAMMING INTERFACE SOFTWARE MARKET BASKET ANALYSIS USING PYTHON AND ML INTERFACE SOFTWARE PROJECT COMPLETION E -TECH INNOVATION 7 PRITAM SAHOO DCA & PGDCA INTERFACE SOFTWARE 8 NATIONAL LEVEL PYTHON QUIZ INDIAN SERVER 9 ANANYA TRIPATHY CERTIFICATEOF EXCELLENCE IFQ 2020 CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE AND BEST PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP ON ” ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE” IIEC GROW 90- “DATA SCIENCE” ANDROID DEVELOPMENT EDUONIX LEARNING SOLUTIONS EDUONIX LEARNING SOLUTIONS APPLIED MACHINE LEARNING EDUONIX LEARNING SOLUTIONS INTERVIEW SKILLS TCS ion
Sl. No Activity Recognition Topic / Title Organization Date 1 Internships (Best) TOP PERFORMER CUM CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING ETHICAL HACKING INTERSHALA TRAINING 19-03-2020-14-05-2020 2 Others PATENTS- ACCEPTED IMPLEMENTED METHOD FOR ENCRYPTION OVER A BLOCK CHAIN DATA SHARINGIN SECURED NETWORK 20-08-2020 3 Others PATENT – PUBLISHED METHOD OF MANAGEMENTFOR TELECOMMUNICATION RESOURCES USING CLOUD COMPUTING 11-01-2021 4 Social CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION AS VOLUNTEER MORAL EDUCATION TO UNPRIVILEGED KIDS IN THE PANDEMIC REGD.EDUCATIONAL TRUST 5 Others FACULTY OF CSE DPT MR P K CHAMPATI HAS BEEN SELECTED AS NATIONAL EVALUATOR IN TOYCATHON 2021 BY AICTE EVALUATOR MINISTRY OF EDUCATION CELL WITH SUPPORT FROM AICTE,MINISTRY OF WOMEN AND CHILD DEVEPOLMENT,MISTRY OF MSME,MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY 6 Others FACULTY OF CSEDEPT MRS CHINMAYEE ROUT HAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETION OF AICTE TRAINNING AND LEARNING (ATAL) ON DATA SCIENCE IIIT NAGPUR 7 Others STUDENTS OF CSE 2ND YEAR(BATCH 2019-2023)& 3RD YEAR(2018-2022) QUALIFIED TO THE FINAL ROUND FOR TOYCATHON 2021 TOYCATHON MINISTRY OF EDUCATION CELL WITH SUPPORT FROM AICTE,MINISTRY OF WOMEN AND CHILD DEVEPOLMENT,MISTRY OF MSME,MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY 8 Projects FACULTY OF CSE DEPT MRS CHINMAYEE ROUT WAS CERTIFIED CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION IN FDP CURRENT TRENDS ON SOFTWARE COMPUTING TECHNOLOGY DEPT OF CSE OF AGMRCET VARUR HUBBALLI KARNATAKA 9 Others FACULTY OF CSE DEPT MRS CHINMAYEE ROUT WAS CERTIFIED CERTIFICATE IN AICTE APPROVED FDP LINUX APPLICATION IN ENGINEERING EDUCATION NIITR CHANDIGARH 10 Others FACULTY OF CSE DEPT MRS CHINMAYEE ROUT WAS CERTIFIED CERTIFICATE IN AICTE APPROVED FDP NEURAL NETWORK AND CNN NIITR CHANDIGARH 11 Others FACULTY OF CSE DEPT MRHEMANTA KUMAR SETHI WAS CERTIFIED CERTIFICATE IN AICTE APPROVED FDP CLOUD,FOG AND EDGE COMPUTING NIITR CHANDIGARH
Sl.No Name Batch Orgainzation Designation Photo 1 DEBAYAN CHAKRABORTY 2015(PASSOUT) TCS BBSR Solution Architect