The department was established during the year 2006. The primary objective of the department is to impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate levels in various areas of Electrical and Electronics engineering with broad emphasis on design aspects. There dedicated staff members with PG qualifications from reputed Institutions. The department is well equipped with specialized laboratories for the research work of the staff and students.
The students are well placed in national and multinational companies. Other students are pursuing higher studies in IITs and NITs. The department is modern, with software based practical classes through MATLAB platforms. Along with the central library, the department has its own library with sufficient number of books.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
H.O.D ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS DEPARTMENT
Professor A.K.Mohapatra is currently working as Head of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of this institute and is working for last 16 years in this institute. He has obtained Master degree in Engineering from University College of Engineering, Burla, Sambalpur University with a specialization in Power System Engineering. Besides this he has extra qualifications in other fields. He has over 8years of field experience and 18years of teaching experience.
He has written books on “Electro magnetic Theory” as author and on “Network Theory” as co-author with Dr. Gayadhar Panda, H.O.D, Department of EEE, NIT, Meghalaya which have been published by Kalayani Publishers, New Delhi. His area of research includes Automatic generation control, Stability improvements using FACT devices, Renewable energy. Prof. Mohapatra has published technical papers in conferences and journals. He is a member of Institution of Engineers (India) and life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
Power System Lab:
Power Electronics Lab:
Machine Design Lab (MATLAB):
Control and Instrument Lab:
Electrical And Electronics Measurement Lab:
This department utilizes labs of electrical and electronics engineering as well. All state of the art equipments required for smooth functioning of the department as per the stipulation of the university are available.
- EEE Dept. arranged a seminar on “Sustainable mining & Electrical equipment” by Er. Suven Nath, Manager, Thriveni Mines on 17th Feb 2018
- Er. Debayani Mishra attended Workshop on “MICRO GRID” at IIT BBSR from 13th to 15th Dec 2017.
- Er. Chandan Mandal & Er. Ilyas Ahmed attended Workshop on “SCOPE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING” at SIT BBSR on 16th Dec 2017.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2011:
- 1. Our student Sri Sougat Kalyan Mallick is working as a JRF in IIT Kharagpur. & Sri Niranjan Behera is persuing M.Tech in NIT Rourkela.
- 2. Some of our 2nd year students have won 1st and 2nd prizes in technical festivals at IIT, Kharagpur and NIT, Rourkela in this year.
- 3. The department is closely associated with following industries for technical assistance and consultancy in their production works;
– M/S UNOPOS ENTERPRISERS
– M/S ALFA TRANSFORMER
– M/S TECHNOCRATS ENTERPRISES
– M/S SIGMA ENGG. CORPORATION
- 4. Our staff members are assisting in imparting knowledge in English, Mathematics, and computer literacy to local youth belonging to under privileged section of the society, in collaboration with ARK foundation (NGO) , CDA , Cuttack
VALUE ADDED ACTIVITIES BY THE DEPARTMENT:-
Industrial visit for final year students have been organised to enhance their knowledge in practical field. Our students have already visited the following industries;
– 220/132/33 KV Grid substation at Bidanasi, Cuttack
– Burla Power House, Hirakud, Sambalpur
– (68.5×3) MW Captive Power Plant of HINDALCO., Hirakud
We are also conducting training program on application of MATLAB in different areas of Electrical Engg. for our pre final year students.
PLACEMENTS IN ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING:
The students of Electrical & Electronics Engineering students have been placed in the following companies through on and off campus:
- 1. Mahindra Satyam
- 2. Syntel
- 3. Emami Paper
- 4. RoyalInfra Constru
- 5. Shriram Value Finance
- 6. AFL Logistics
- 7. IBM (tech support)
- 8. Accenture
- 9. Huawei
- 10. Omega Elevators
- 11. Shyam Steel
- 12. KMA power Solution
The following companies have already visited for campus placement of Electrical & Electronics Engineering students.
- 1. Hexaware
- 2. Syntel
- 3. UST global
- 4. Oilco
- 5. A.A.S Technology
- 6. HCL (tech support)
- 7. Reliance Communication.
- 8. Cocubes
SL.NO. DATE OF VISIT PLACE LETTER NO. & DATE NO. OF STUDENTS BATCH 1 19.01.2018 400KV/220KV/132KV/33KV, MENDHASAL GRID SUBSTATION 133/EE/29.12.17 45 6TH EEE 2 17.01.2018 13MW CAPTIVE POWER PLANT 132/EE/29.12.17 40 8TH/4TH EEE 3 BHUBANESWAR POWER PVT. LTD, ANANTAPUR 4 17.04.2017 400KV/220KV/132KV/33KV, MENDHASAL GRID SUBSTATION 64/17, 06.04.2017 50 6TH EEE 5 10.04.2017 BHUBANESWAR POWER PVT. LTD, ANANTAPUR 68/17 8.04.2017 40 8TH EEE 6 30-03-2017 220KV/132KV/33KV GRID SUBSTATION, BIDANASI 57/17, 25-03-2017 50 8TH EEE 7 25.03.2017 220KV/132KV/33KV GRID SUBSTATION, BIDANASI 52/17, 17-03-2017 40 4TH EEE
Sl. No STUDENT PARTICIPANTS PROGRAMME NAME Achievement 1 Debi Prasad Barik (2012-16) “Modelling & Simulation of Hybrid System for meeting the global energy demand” in XVII ISTE students National Annual Convention, Rajkot, Gujrat. Paper presentation 2 Kumari Padma Quiz competition in 17th National Level Students Convention at VVP Engineering College, Rajkot. 1st prize 3 Afreen Akhtar English debate competition in 17th State Level Students Convention at GITA, BBSR.