Dr. Leena Samantaray
Dr. Leena Samantaray is an experienced educationalist with over 18 years of experience in the field of education. She is a dynamic leader with innovative approach and administrative prowess – determined to produce young Technocrats and Engineering Professionals who would contribute to position India as a technological global hub. She got her Ph.D in Communication Engineering from Sambalpur University in the year of 2010. She has organized numerous national seminars and student workshops. She has 31 research papers to her credit, which have been published in different National and International Journals, Books & Events.
- A. Sahoo and L. Samantaray, “”Nonlinear Photonic Based Network Devices to Meet Big Data Challenges: A Review,”” 2020 International Conference on Computer Science, Engineering and Applications (ICCSEA), Gunupur, India, 2020, pp. 1-4
- A. Das, S. Agrawal, L. Samantaray, R. Panda, A. Abraham, “A Review on State-of-the Art Optimal Multilevel Thresholding Methods for Brain MR Image Analysis.” Current Medical Imaging Reviews, under revision.
- L. Samantaray, and R. Panda, “Design of maximally flat filters for signal processing applications,” WSEAS Transaction on Signal Processing, Vol. 15, pp. 55-64, Aug. 2019.
- L. Samantaray, S.P. Panda, and R. Panda, “Hybridized Low Noise Amplifier for Low Power Ultra-Wideband Applications,” Ain Shams Engineering Journal, Elsevier, under revision.
- S. Agrawal, L. Samantaray, R. Panda, and L. Dora, “A new hybrid ACS-SS algorithm for brain MR image analysis,” Book Title: Hybrid Machine Intelligence for Medical Image Analysis, Springer, Chapter-5, June 2019. ISBN: 978-981-13-8929-0.
- S. Agrawal, R. Panda, L. Samantaray, and A Abraham, “A novel automated absolute intensity difference based technique for optimal MR brain image thresholding, Computer and Information Sciences, Elsevier, pp.1-15, Jan. 2018.
- R. Panda, S., Agrawal, L. Samantaray and Ajit Abraham, “An evolutionary gray gradient algorithm for multilevel thresholding of brain MR images using soft computing techniques”, Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, vol. 50, pp. 94-108, Nov. 2016.
- S. Agrawal, R. Panda and L. Samantaray, “A novel hybrid CS-BFO algorithm for optimal multilevel image thresholding using edge magnitude information,” Book Title: Hybrid soft computing techniques for multilevel image thresholding, Springer, pp. 53-85, Jan. 2017.
- M.K. Naik, L. Samantaray and R. Panda, “A Hybrid CS-GSA Algorithm for Optimization,” Book Title: Hybrid Soft Computing Approaches: Research and Applications, Springer, pp. 3-35, Oct. 2015.
- L. Samantaray and R. Panda, “Signal Decimation and Interpolation in Fractional Domain using Non-linear Basis Functions”, International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, SERSC Korea, Vol.6, No.4, pp.415-430, Aug. 2013.
- R.Panda, L. Samantaray and D.K.Rout, “A Mobile Network Based Architecture for Body Area Networks,” International Journal of Computer Information Systems, vol.3, No.6, pp.23-26, December 2011.
- R.Panda, L. Samantaray and D.K.Rout, “A Novel Modulation Technique for High Data Rate Body Area Networks,” IETE Journal of Research, vol.58, Issue 5, pp.418-424, October 2012.
- L. Samantaray, M. Dash and R. Panda, “A Review on Time-frequency, Time-scale and Scale-frequency domain signal analysis”, IETE Journal of Research, vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 287-293, July 2005.
- R. Panda, M. Dash and L. Samantaray, “Fast Eulerian Filters for Image Interpolation and Representation”, Journal of the CSI , vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 50-57, July 2004.
- M. Dash, L. Samantaray and R. Panda, “Band limited signal interpolation using Eulerian filters”, Journal of IE (India), Electronics and communication Engg. Division, vol. 84, pp. 22-24, July 2003.
- S. Agrawal, L. samantaray, R. Panda, and L. Dora, “A new hybrid ACS-SS algorithm for brain MR image analysis,” Book Title: Hybrid Machine Intelligence for Medical Image Analysis, Springer, Chapter 5, 2019.
- M.K. Naik, L. Samantaray and R. Panda, “A Hybrid CS-GSA Algorithm for Optimization,” Book Title: Hybrid Soft Computing Approaches: Research and Applications, Springer, Chapter-1, Vol.611,SBhatacharya et al. (Eds) pp.1-28, Oct. 2015 .
- S. Agrawal, R. Panda and L. Samantaray, “A novel hybrid CS-BFO algorithm for optimal multilevel image thresholding using edge magnitude information,” Book Title: Hybrid soft computing techniques for multilevel image thresholding, Springer, pp. 53-85,jan17″
Dr. Prasanta Kumar Pany
Ph.D (Power SystemEngineering)
Year of Experience
28 years of Teaching Experience
Power System Engineering
Awards & Honours
- Gold medal in M.Tech (NIT, Durgapur, WB)
- Best paper award in IEEE conference on Industrial Electronics, Control & Robotics, conducted by NIT, Rourkela.
- Member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Instrumentation, Control and Automation.
- Research paper Reviewer of some reputed journals like Taylor and Francis
- Research interest includes Power System Deregulation,Power System Planning, ANN application to Power System problems and Power system Optimization.
Life member of ISTE, India
Innovative Teaching and Learning Methodology
Guiding B.Tech./M.Tech./PhD Scholars for Project & ResearchWork.
- P.C.Pradhan,N.Satapathy,P.K.Pany,Automatic Generation Control with Z-N tuned PID Controller in the Two Area Power System with Energy Storage Unit, IJAREEIE,Vol.6,Issue-5,May-2017,pp3640-3647.ISSN 2278-8875`
- P.K.Pany, S.P.Ghoshal, V.Mukherjee, Optimal power flow Using collective animal behavior algorithm, IJRSI,Vol.4, Issue-VIIs,July-2017,PP157-168.ISSN2321-2705`
- P.K.Pany, S.P.Ghoshal, V.Mukherjee, Collective animal behavior algorithm for optimal reactive power dispatch, IEEE CONFERENCE(ICPCSI-2017),PAPER CODE-ICPCSI 0463.
- P.K.Pany, S.P.Ghoshal, Dynamic electricity price forecasting using local linear wavelet neural network, International journal of Neural Computing and Application (Springer), Vol. -26, Issue-8, PP. 2039-2047, March 2015.
- P.K.Pany, S.P.Ghoshal, Assessment of market clearing price and social welfare in a competitive electricity market, IJ of computer and communication technology (IJCCT) vol.2, issue –vi, pp 117-125, 2011.ISSN 2231-0371
- P.K.Pany, Short-term load forecasting using PSO based LLWNN, IJ of instrumentation, control and automation (IJICA), vol.1, issue-2, 2011, pp 58-63.ISSN 2231-1890. ISSN2231-1890
- P.K.Pany, S.P.Ghoshal,Application of LLWNN in short-term electric load forecasting, IJ of computer application (IJCA),vol. 51, No.13, 2012, pp 38-43. ISSN 0975-8887`
- P.K.Pany, S.P.Ghoshal,Spinning reserve requirements forecasting using LLWNN in wind integrated power system, IJ of engineering, research and technology (IJERT), vol.1, issue-vi, 2012, pp1-8.ISSN-2278-0181
- P.K.Pany, S.P Ghoshal,Application of local linear wavelet neural network in wind power generation forecasting. IJ of engineering, science and research (IJESR) , vol.2, issue-8 August -2012,pp786-796.ISSN 2277-2685.
- P.K.Pany,S.P.Ghoshal, PSO based LLWNN Model for Electricity Price forecasting, IJ of Energy Engineering(IJEE), vol.3, issue-4, June-2013, pp 99-106. ISSN 2225-6571.
- P.K.Pany, S.P.Ghoshal,Intelligent system for dynamic price forecasting in a competitive Electricity Market, IEEE-X Plore (DL) pp 257-260, 2010.
- P.K.Pany,S.P.Ghoshal,Forecasting the hourly Ontario Energy Price by LLWNN & ARMA Model, ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Digital library-2011
Dr. Guru is a Ph.D in Chemistry from Ravenshaw University. With more than 23 years of experience, he is one of the longest serving faculty of the institute. He is in charge of the day-to-day operations of the college and external liaisoning.
Ph. D (Chemistry)
Year of Experience
28 years of Teaching Experience
Polymer from Renewable Resources
Dean(Operations), ABIT Group of Institutions, Cuttack.
- Life member of ISTE, India
- Patron Member- Odisha Chemical Society
- Life Member :BigyanPrachar Samiti, Cuttack
- Executive BodyMember :Ravenshaw Chemistry Alumni Association.
Awards & Honours:
- Honoured with Dr. Balabhadra Prasad award by Department of Chemistry, Ravenshaw College, Cuttack
- Patron Member of Odisha Chemical Society.
- Innovative Teaching and Learning Methodology.
- Guiding PhD Scholars for Research Work.
- T.K.Das, D.Das B.N Guru, K.N.Das and S.Lenkapolym . – Plast Technol. Engg37(4). 425433,(1998),U.S.A
- B.N.Guru, T.K.Das and S.Lenkapolym.- past technol Engg38(1) . 179-187,(1999), U.S.A
- Rati Ranjan Nayak, Gayanajit Ray, Bichitrananda Guru and SubasiniLenka
POLYMER-PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING, Vol 43, No-1, PP 261-272, 2004
- S.Lenka, P.L.Nayak, D.Das, S.K. Das, T.K.Das and B.N.Guru- Polymer from
RenewableResources: – Studies on some Novel Polymer Synthesized from Derivatives Cardanol. International: – Psy-09 – International Seminar Conducted by IUPAC.
- N. MOHANTY, B. N. GURU, P. G. R. ACHARY and N. C. PAL; Int. J. Chem. Sci.: 10(3), 2012, 1235-1245.
- P. Ganga Raju Achary, Namita Mohanty, B. N. Guru and Narayan Chandra Pal; J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2012, 4(3):1475-1485.
- N. Mohanty, B. N. Guru, S. Mopapatra, N. C. Pal and S. Lenka ; J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2012, 4(6):2919-2927.
- S. Mohapatra, N. Mohanty, J. R. Satapathy, B. N. Guru and N. C. Pal ;J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2014, 6(4):1126-1134.
- S. Mohapatra, N. Mohanty, B. N. Guru and N. C. Pal; J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2014, 6(7):1493-1502.
- National Polymer seminar: – Resins Derived from Cardanol Acrylate – Furfural – Organic Compounds. 21.2.1998 at Govt. Engineering College, Raipur.
- National Seminar on Polymers for the new Millennium: – Interpenetrating
Polymer Networks composed of castor oil based Polyurethane and 2- Hydroxy – 4 –Methacryloyloxy Acetophenone. 25-26-March-1999. University of Madras.